As my email is bound to this domain, I decided to put at least some content up, as not to keep the page completely blank.
I switched the version to 4.1.0 though (4.2.0 which is the latest one did not work).
The blog itself was initialized by running:
docker run --rm \ --volume="$PWD:/srv/jekyll" \ -it jekyll/builder:4.1.0 \ jekyll new pow.lt
cd pow.lt docker run --rm \ --volume="$PWD:/srv/jekyll" \ -it jekyll/builder:4.1.0 \ jekyll build
Gemfile.lock would get populated.
Once I had that down, I had to figure out the GCS stuff, which I did following Jekyll on GCS tutorial. It’s quite outdated, as it’s from 2015, but pointed me in the right direction.
Once I had the manual publishing going, I pushed the blog to personal github repo and started working out the automated publishing.
I decided to use github actions, so followed a tutorial on how to upload to gcs from a github action and docs from a Jekyll action that can build, but not publish.
And here we are…